Ever wondered how to disinfect your power wheelchair or mobility scooter to keep you safe from the Covid-19 virus? Well, you are not alone. Since the Coronavirus outbreak, there have been a lot of queries on this topic. Wheelchair and mobility scooter users wonder how to disinfect their mobility device without removing plastic, coloring, or causing fading.
By effectively disinfecting your wheelchair or mobility device, you will help mitigate the virus' spread and keep yourself safe.
Generally, most standard multi-surface cleaners are safe for disinfecting. However, it is advisable to test it on a small area of the scooter. By testing, you will avoid discoloring or fading a large part of your wheelchair if the chemical is too strong.
Like the Lysol multi-surface cleaner, most chemicals are capable of killing 99.9% of bacteria and germs. So, to keep safe when someone sneezes around your mobility scooter or wheelchair, disinfect immediately.
How Do I Effectively Disinfect My Mobility Device?
Follow these steps to disinfect your power wheelchair or mobility scooter:
- -Wear your gloves and face masks. Ensure that the gloves can tolerate the power of the disinfectants (most household gloves are strong enough).
- -Find an area on the mobility device that is less visible to test the disinfectant.
- -Spray the disinfectant on to a paper or cloth towel and then wipe the test area.
- -Clean the area sufficiently, then wait for a few moments for it to dry. Confirm that the disinfectant did not discolor or fade the paint or plastic.
- -With the assurance that the disinfectant is safe, continue cleaning and disinfecting all the other parts of your mobility device.
Alternatively, if you want to disinfect your chair or scooter but you don’t have time to give it a complete wipe down, simple spray it with Lysol.
Frequently Asked Questions About Disinfecting Your Mobility Scooter
- What Timeframe Should I wait Before I Disinfect My Mobility Scooter?
There is no specific timeframe for disinfecting your mobility scooter. Disinfect the mobility scooter any time it has been exposed to germs. Whenever you have visited a crowded area with your mobility scooter, ensure that you clean and disinfect it afterwards.
- Which Cleaners Should I Use To Disinfect My Power Wheelchair?
There are numerous all-natural and chemical cleaners that can disinfect your power wheelchair. You can use any cleaner you have at home.
- Will Disinfecting My Mobility Scooter Make It Fade Or Discolor?
There is no guarantee whether a particular chemical will or will not discolor your mobility scooter. That's why we advise that you first test the chemical on a small spot that is less visible. If you don't observe any adverse effects, the cleaner is safe to use.
- Should I Disinfect The Entire Wheelchair Or Just The Parts I Touch?
Besides coughing or sneezing, you can catch the Covid-19 virus if you touch an infected area then touch your nose, mouth, or eyes. Therefore, disinfect all the parts that you are likely to touch to avoid contracting this deadly virus.
We hope you liked our article on how to disinfect your mobility device and hope it was helpful to you. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or if you would like to see more of these types of articles on our site.
We also have a special offer you can benefit from by taking 6% of your order. Simply enter coupon code EW6 at checkout to take 6% off your next purchase . This offer won't be around long, so act soon! See product pages for details and if you have any questions feel free to give us a call at 800-682-9444 and one of our agents will be happy to assist you. We are open every day from 8AM - 8PM est!
If you are more interested and looking for other related articles, our staff compiled a great list of the Top Shoprider Mobility Scooters: 10 Of Their Best and have had some great feedback on that article as well.
Feel free to write me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments. At Electric Wheelchairs USA, we truly love helping our customers make the best choice for their needs whether it is a power chair, mobility scooter, or lift chair.